Pageviews

6/17/11

Missal-licious

I know you all have been pining in quivering anticipation for the New (Awesome) Mass Translation (NMT) to liturgically hit you in the face, so I thought I would slake some of your Liturgicam Authenticam thirst by teasing you with a new Daily Roman Missal that is available by pre-order through Our Sunday Visitor. I currently have a OSV daily missal, and I look forward to the new improvements of this missal: all readings are on the page for the day (occasionally in the old OSV missal you have to skip to different pages for recurrent readings), the 16 new saints in the calendar, and pictures from illuminated manuscripts!



There is something wrong with the OSV site, so you can pre-order it at Aquinasandmore.

One little concern I have is whether they will use the RSV or the NAB translations, we can only hope and pray that they will do the honorable thing and use RSV.

1 comment: